teacher training curriculum
ART OF TEACHINGTechnique and Methodology
Opening poses, standing poses Part 1
Standing poses Part 2, ujjayi pranayama, savasana
weekend 4 (3 days)
Deepening the practice of a teacher
Backbends, restorative yoga, vilomas, forward bends, bandhas, rotations, inversions
weekend 7/8(Four-day intensive)
Yoga therapy for people with injuries and special needs. Full curriculum review, designing and sequencing a beginner's class, supervised teaching and practice assessment, written test.
ANATOMY AND KINESIOLOGY20 hours
- Structural anatomy in clay and its application to yoga postures.
- Muscle groups: mechanical analysis of action
- Study of joints through perceptual anatomy
- History of Hatha Yoga: origins and practices
- The Upanishads: ecstatic revelation and practical insight
- Patanjali: definitions of yoga and its goals
- Spiritual teachings of the Bhagavad Gita
- Theory: the three Doshas
- Subtle anatomy: channels and tissue groups
- Diagnosis: observation of pulse and other indicators
- Treatment: herbal medicine and life-style management
READING AND WRITING
This is a substantial and original element of the training, a creative journey integrating daily life with yoga practice and philosophy. Monthly reading, writing, teaching and practice assignments are reviewed by the faculty. Group sharing supports creativity.
Friday, February 17, Opening circle/ keynote address 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Fridays: 6-9 p.m.
Saturdays: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Sundays: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Four-day intensive begins Friday at 5 p.m. and ends Monday at 5 p.m.
Feb 17-19, 2017 (1)
Mar 3-5 (2)
April 21-23 (3)
June 2-4 (4)
Sep 1-4 (5&6)
Oct 20-23 (7/8 - graduation)